Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Whatever happened to Papal infallibility?


Just a quick thought, I know that perhaps the Pope's recent verbal-accident wasn't Catholic related, but isn't everything he says supposed to be completely infallible?
Later research told me this:
According to the Catholic Church "the Bishop of Rome IS infallible - but only in specific cases."

But someone who has to retract an earlier statement...surely shouldn't be given the responsibility for millions of Catholics? If I were one, I'd rather like my leader to think before saying rather silly things..

On the other hand, he does have a rather nice hat. I have one too, they're half price in Gap at the mo.

3 comments:

Vigilante said...

When they select a Pope, aren't they supposed to pick a smart one? If not the smartest one they can find?

Unknown said...

Seems to be more the case of
"If the hat fits"

Kentucky Rain said...

The Pope is infallible, which is why his borrowed comments were absolutely correct. I like a man with courage and style. The fact is that Radical Islam likes to raise hell, and any old excuse will do it. Most of them are dirt poor and they have little else to do. It is a great hat!