Sunday, September 17, 2006

Irony Lost...

The Pope made some inflammatory remarks about Islam the other day, connecting the religion to violence.

How did a few Muslims attempt to counter this argument?

By burning an effigy of the pope, and calling for him to be killed. But I'm pretty sure thats the Islamic equivalent to "No hard feelings mate."

Is irony just a Western thing? If someone connected ginger people to violence, I'd march the streets stroking a rabbit; acting in a way that could only be described by the words "aww". Wouldn't that make a more useful statement than this?:

3 comments:

Kentucky Rain said...

What an intuitive post Cal. You make a great point, one that I will underline tomorrow. I am bored with religion, and have been for many years. Religion is responsible for the deaths of more innocence than any discipline I can think of.....It preaches peace but practices violence.

Vigilante said...

"ginger people"? Never heard that expression before. What does it mean?

Unknown said...

Gingers are redheaded people; mainly of celtic descent like me. We're regarded as a separate species by many!