Saturday, July 22, 2006

Gordon Brown, and Lebanon


In the midst of a global conflict that has the world separated, there is just one thing that is keeping me amused.

Gordon Brown's new baby is called James. James Brown.
Is it only me who has drawn a parallel between 60's soul legend and the chancellor's new baby?
I feel saddened that nation is so caught up in the Lebanon crisis that nobody is able to pass judgement about the choice of name for the unfortunate child.

On a political note, I can't believe that I live in a nation that believes in a RIDICULOUSLY disproportionate conflict.

I was stung by a bee once. Did I attempt to wipe out the entire species? I think not.
It's like being poked in the back of the head by a slightly irritating person, and deciding to turn round and punch them in the face repeatedly.

Only way I can see of rectifying this situation is for some seriously growing up to occur. Oh, and for the USA and UK to stop using this conflict as a way of creating a pro-west middle-east.

I just- I just despair sometimes.

No comments: